Default Do you remember your first ganking?

At the end of beta4 or maybe the beginning of retail I was shocked to get gunned down in cold blood at cycrow, I was mortified! The name I still remember, it begins with a V, lol!

I know we're not meant to name names on the forum but I don't see it being a problem considering he was in NCAT and the RP purpose (if it can be called that) of the clan to gank wherever, whenever.
    It certainly won't come as a shock to anyone from the Uranus server if I were to say I was a little noob running around the Aggie cellars when I was ganked by The Jester.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Only reason I brought it up was I took my le out of a /30 last night to imp up my psi a bit and immediately got splattered all over the wall in the cave LOL

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

I'm still getting ganked now...

Idk who yanked me first. But I remember the first guy I ganked. It was the leader of that =SSC= clan that went on to be pretty popular for a minute. He was in aggy cellar talking how his clan was gna b powerful an take over the server so I wtfpwnt him. Then his clan became big an powerful

Quantum Delta was his name if I remember right :-)

Most people play with respect to other players but there's still always going to be that group of players who will pk other players for kicks.
    The attitude of some runners is pretty poor, still see cheating, childishness & lack of manners in game.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Probably sometime around December/January 2002 at Jericho. I didn't really know much about PvP at all back then, let alone ganking (I didn't know why some runner's faction/clan showed up red, I though they just had different colours, quite confused when I saw a screenie of a TG runner showing up green). I was going to the OP GR after hunting at the mutie pit nearby and some guy killed me. I dropped my plasma pistol .

I can't remember my first gank though. Though I suppose what you mean by gank. I've killed plenty of red's and people that started it, but never greens/yellows. I try to avoid anyone under /45 or so, though sometimes I see an enemy and just attack, then go 'oh shit' when they drop after a few bursts. Usually apologise, though not too much .

Favourite one is my first Kami-kill. Dude didn't know what happened. He was sniping at J_01 and I popped up behind and emptied a clip in him, he barely had time to pull his stealth out, but then it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevious View Post
    Idk who yanked me first. But I remember the first guy I ganked. It was the leader of that =SSC= clan that went on to be pretty popular for a minute. He was in aggy cellar talking how his clan was gna b powerful an take over the server so I wtfpwnt him. Then his clan became big an powerful

Quantum Delta was his name if I remember right :-)
    Hehe, used to be reasonably good friends with that lot. CM was generally on good terms with FA, though MJ12 didn't help.
    Last edited by Dribble Joy; 16-10-12 at 19:29.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

First person I ganked after coming back in 2.1 was the leader of teh killer clowns. Hacked a 5 slot all arti Moonie off their belt. Still have it on Terra to this day.

First person I remember being ganked by was probably Ginger Magician, and then we became friends lol.

The REAL Walker

Cant remember who the first person I ganked was.. There has been so many..
    Not sure if I have ever been ganked though. Maybe while Droning for WoC on Walker, but not sure tbh.. Used to carry a ton of Kami drones while leveling..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I was leveling with my faithful ppu Ivory in tech haven! out comes nowhere is megaman and psychokilla, ripped me and ivory a new one in literally about 10 seconds. From that day forth i harboured some kind of mad hate towards him until i realised that, that style of play is the most rewarding! if ur still about megaman and psyhokilla I salute u 2
    Pluto : Tupac
    Tank 66/74 (66/75)(with gimped imps)
    Uranus: Tupac
    APU 64/61

unerf the dev tbh

I remember Pete the Psi and MeGaMan killed me at Gabanium Mine on Pluto when I was GR tagging!

Starkes, Nc1 retail, Saturn - maybe not the first but one of the main ones I remember from 10 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    At the end of beta4 or maybe the beginning of retail I was shocked to get gunned down in cold blood at cycrow, I was mortified! The name I still remember, it begins with a V, lol!
    vetterox ? :P

I could be bit of a bastard myself at times... especially if they were a fallen angels member, rank didnt matter then loved little raids on TH and the canyon when those factions had a proper home...
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Wow this is a fun thread apart from the obvious whiners who dont seem to understand ganking is part of nc just as much as copbots are!

I remember Sweet Leaf ganking me in aggies and some guys from End of Neocron ganking me in mb the most. In early nc1 that was and i didnt mind much!

Went on to gank a bunch of people myself after im afraid to say and it wss fun!

Used to have a 5 slot judge i "earned" by ganking DJ on pluto too
    Last edited by Britney; 16-10-12 at 22:32.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

During the Fallen Angels civil war on Pluto. Someone got me in my apartment lift. it was like having a knife fight in a closet. I was on my rifle spy and I think I was using a healing light, he was a H-C tank with a plasma cannon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast