Thread: Browser issues

Default Browser issues

So I've been having some problems with my comp/browser(s).

The main problems seems to be with unresponsive scripts, that bung up the browser (or flat out crash/hang along with the browser itself on many occasions).

If I close the program it remains running on the Task Manager (along with the much maligned plugin-container.exe). This will not stop running regardless of trying to end the process.
    If I load the browser again then I now have two versions, which also won't go away after closing.

Sometimes after closing the browser trying to load another prog (like winamp or something) results in nothing, but with the process running as above. This also often happens when trying to reload the browser.

DLed chrome, but it seems to have even less ability to handle it than firefox. It's cleaner and quicker, but as soon as any plugins start messing up it crashes in short order.

Flash seems to be the main offender for misbehaving plugins.

All this means that the comp won't actually shut down fully, hanging at some point in the sequence (usually 'Saving you settings').

This is all quite new, problems have only really appeared in the last month or so. No viruses as far as I am aware.

you might wanna try advanced system care software from www.iobit.com and run it to see if there is a plugin installed that you are unaware. Did you navigate on a website that you don't usually do?

if a restore is available from a time b4 this issue started you might want to test it to see if the problem persist.