Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fix for Chrome flash plugin causing neocron not to work

Hi, I can't take credit for this solution, invinci told me about this yesterday, and it works perfectly for me.

if you're having a problem starting neocron when chrome is running, this is most likely caused by the chrome flash plugin. This could be solved by either closing Chrome or killing the flash plugin manually.

Now you can probably solve it permanently by a few simple steps.

- First in chrome, type in the address bar: chrome://plugins
    - Click on details on the right had side (it should have a little plus sign)
    - Go to the flash area and in my case there were 3 entries (3 files).
    - Disable the one that has this dll file: gcswf32.dll
    - Restart Chrome, if flash doesn't work, manually install flash from adobe or re-enable the dll you disabled.

Disclaimer, assume I'm full of shit and this doesn't work and will fuck over your computer, I won't be responsible for anything that happens to your computer, your skin or your dog's brain (or anything else).
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    Hi, I can't take credit for this solution, invinci told me about this yesterday, and it works perfectly for me.

if you're having a problem starting neocron when chrome is running, this is most likely caused by the chrome flash plugin. This could be solved by either closing Chrome or killing the flash plugin manually.

Now you can probably solve it permanently by a few simple steps.

- First in chrome, type in the address bar: chrome://plugins
    - Click on details on the right had side (it should have a little plus sign)
    - Go to the flash area and in my case there were 3 entries (3 files).
    - Disable the one that has this dll file: gcswf32.dll
    - Restart Chrome, if flash doesn't work, manually install flash from adobe or re-enable the dll you disabled.

Disclaimer, assume I'm full of shit and this doesn't work and will fuck over your computer, I won't be responsible for anything that happens to your computer, your skin or your dog's brain (or anything else).
    Here is my advice dont use chrome, evil empire is data mining you harder then normal when you use it.

But... don' t be evil..,

I am using the flash block plugin and I don't have problems running chrome and nc at the same tiem.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak
    But... don' t be evil..,
    Google stopped not being evil a while ago.