Hi, I can't take credit for this solution, invinci told me about this yesterday, and it works perfectly for me.
if you're having a problem starting neocron when chrome is running, this is most likely caused by the chrome flash plugin. This could be solved by either closing Chrome or killing the flash plugin manually.
Now you can probably solve it permanently by a few simple steps.
- First in chrome, type in the address bar: chrome://plugins
- Click on details on the right had side (it should have a little plus sign)
- Go to the flash area and in my case there were 3 entries (3 files).
- Disable the one that has this dll file: gcswf32.dll
- Restart Chrome, if flash doesn't work, manually install flash from adobe or re-enable the dll you disabled.
Disclaimer, assume I'm full of shit and this doesn't work and will fuck over your computer, I won't be responsible for anything that happens to your computer, your skin or your dog's brain (or anything else).