Thread: Nc3!!!!

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Parker
    The sword's attached to his leg and he's holding a grappling hook. Maybe we'll ba able to move around town Mirror's Edge Style that'd be awesome.
    Maybe its an artistic picture based on a game that has not yet been written. Think of it as those artistic representations for off-plan luxury housing projects that when built turn out to be a little different.

Artistic
    http://www.urhahn.nl/image.php?i73w596s1333

After
    http://gespot.at5.nl/wp-content/uplo...serpolder6.jpg

:-D

take my stupiod comments with the lunacy these deserve.

Actually, I expect NC3 to be far far better, or in other words, its pretty picture with a purpose to whet your appetites. My appetite has not really been sharpened.

Thank you Kirk for leaving the NC servers on & your comments.

About the pic:
    To me, it looks like a Runner standing in Pepper Park 3, looking across the city to the Tsunami HQ tower in the foreground with Plaza in the distance on the left and Viarosso on the right.
    ...I suspect he's on a mission for faction sympathy...
    As for his weapons: I'd laugh if that was the Jones blade he started with and he's packing the gatlin rifle he lomed to for viable leveling to WoC.
    But its his stance that tells the story to me: Looking out across the pretty vista, all he really sees through his realization that as only one man in the vast metropolis of corruption is his contempt for the Powers that keep us all unaware of the real history unfolding in the lofty towers and underground bunkers before him.
    ...Play on, Runner. The real Chessgame has yet to begin...
    And even a Pawn can Check-mate, yanno.
    *reloads*

Cheers & happy hunting.
    Moe Hazard CST; Pencilneck RES; Halogen Black HtRC-Spy; Ammobucket HtHC-Tank; Aeon Blur HtRC-PE; Liberty Blaze HtRC-PE; Ajax Friday PPU; Dane Brammage HtHC-Tank; Rustybox LtRC/Poker
    ...it may help to have friends in high places, but its better--I find--to have cordial acquaintances everywhere...

hi in neocron 3 can we return yakarma next to typherra thanks

Well, well,i stirred up a hornets nest here! worthy of a sticky!

Great news for an NC3 on my return to the WWW!

Kirk, I really appreciate your comments in this thread giving us all the knowledge that NC is still in your hearts and minds and on your development schedule!!

It's good to hear that you are not happy about it's current state, and Q1 estimate for a fix is great news and before Big comes a moaning .....I want to say that i understand with resources tight, deliverables on BP required, it must be hard to achieve anything on this game!

When the fix comes, i'll be Downloading right away and getting my arse back into Logans Emporium!! Sell all you bloodthirsty cyberpunks some Nasty Weapons to kill each other with

Kee[p the Faith....More Concept art please

Closed - Until Further Notice

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle
    Well, well,i stirred up a hornets nest here! worthy of a sticky!

Great news for an NC3 on my return to the WWW!

Kirk, I really appreciate your comments in this thread giving us all the knowledge that NC is still in your hearts and minds and on your development schedule!!

It's good to hear that you are not happy about it's current state, and Q1 estimate for a fix is great news and before Big comes a moaning .....I want to say that i understand with resources tight, deliverables on BP required, it must be hard to achieve anything on this game!

When the fix comes, i'll be Downloading right away and getting my arse back into Logans Emporium!! Sell all you bloodthirsty cyberpunks some Nasty Weapons to kill each other with

Kee[p the Faith....More Concept art please
    /me moans

(never my intention to moan for moaning's sake :P)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    PLEASE PLEASE KK, use the same engine as black prophecy, so there might actually be a small chance of the engines both being supported for a while (yes, NC's syncing and netcode... just abyssmal, at least nc has not one, but 2 graphics engines....)

edit:
    oh and btw, gamebryo is multiplatform
    The MAIN reason they NEED to use the same engine as BP is that we need to be able to fly from BP to NC3 and back!
    Basically as they had eluded to way back in NC1 days (flying to irata3 (?)), etc.

dont see why this couldnt be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    Ok...wait a second....sorry but are you some kind of rep for this company? You have been pushing this engine for like 2 years almost. I don't think that KK will go that direction when they have this engine. I'm sure it could be upgraded to meet their needs once BP gets off the ground, and also they will have the engine BP runs on, maybe it can support this too?
    yeah i know i've been a very HUGE fanboy of this engine honestly becasuse they DO support linux for their soon to be released game oilrush ! Ever since i've been phoronix test suit (or PTS for short) on linux i've discovered their benchmarks, which are really cool to test linux drivers for Nvidia and AMD/ATI gfx cards!

Gamebryo would be preferable for KK as they have experience to handle it, BUT which kind of license are they attached to it? a per-project license or is it a multi-project license? If it's a per-project then they would need a cheap but very good engine especially since we still don't know if kk will be funded in order to make NC3 by a publisher.

Anyway Kirk Lenke said that he would like to see a linux support for NC3 in that case Unigine is more feat (or is it fit, correct me on that one plz) than Gamebryo lightspeed.

( hope that i won't create any flaming)

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    yeah i know i've been a very HUGE fanboy of this engine honestly becasuse they DO support linux for their soon to be released game oilrush ! Ever since i've been phoronix test suit (or PTS for short) on linux i've discovered their benchmarks, which are really cool to test linux drivers for Nvidia and AMD/ATI gfx cards!

Gamebryo would be preferable for KK as they have experience to handle it, BUT which kind of license are they attached to it? a per-project license or is it a multi-project license? If it's a per-project then they would need a cheap but very good engine especially since we still don't know if kk will be funded in order to make NC3 by a publisher.

Anyway Kirk Lenke said that he would like to see a linux support for NC3 in that case Unigine is more feat (or is it fit, correct me on that one plz) than Gamebryo lightspeed.

( hope that i won't create any flaming)

No no, no flaming. And its fit. But, I'm sure we can make a Gamebryo engine game work under Linux. Its just the anti cheat system they put in place that would have to work well with Linux is all.

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya
    The MAIN reason they NEED to use the same engine as BP is that we need to be able to fly from BP to NC3 and back!
    Basically as they had eluded to way back in NC1 days (flying to irata3 (?)), etc.

dont see why this couldnt be done.
    I'm with this guy

setlec, gamebryo is crossplatform, just cant make use directx10
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    No no, no flaming. And its fit. But, I'm sure we can make a Gamebryo engine game work under Linux. Its just the anti cheat system they put in place that would have to work well with Linux is all.
    AFAIK, Gamebryo use directX rendering engine. it would take time to make an OpenGL 3.x/4.x renderer for gamebryo. Also i think that it has a custom made physics, does it? and for cross compilation they would need to implement SDL for input, tweak OpenAL warper.... and to finalize make a *.bin file for the installer making /usr/local/games as default!

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    setlec, gamebryo is crossplatform, just cant make use directx10
    true yet it doesn't support any OpenGL or OpenGl ES based OSes (Mac OS X / linux). PS3 is the closest thing to linux and mac for the rendering engine...

To be fair, discussing what engine NC3 will use seems to be a bit pointless. As you've all seen, there's been absolutely no word from Kirk since the first batch of posts he made basically within an hour of each other.

Let's be honest with ourselves, they did it to shut us up. A little art work and a couple of posts from the boss and everyone's happy, which has worked out nicely because now the community has shut up on the BP forums. They've quietened us down and now it's business as usual.

Account not active yet Jason Parker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [K1]Luke
    ... They've quietened us down and now it's business as usual.
    Well to stay fair: As the only project generating money at the moment is obviously still in closed beta stage allthough the last official announcement regarding an open beta or even a possible release spoke of november 2010, it's totaly understandable that Kirk isn't checking back on a half hour basis to answer redundant questions.

Regarding the engine Kirk clearly stated that they had not decided on this yet and that gamebryo aswell as a newly built engine aswell as any other engine are viable options at this point as obviously not much more than a few concept arts exist yet.

Having Black Prophecy and it's current state of development in mind I didn't expect to see Kirk posting over here at all.

Viarossa as CM refuses to build officer quarters.

Can we please submit our suggestions to someone, have them pooled into a general suggestion list (similar to last time) and then have a poll voted on buy us as to what we'd like NC3 to contain?

I have a billion suggestions and I'm sure others do, if you could get an idea of "how" we'd like to play, and what we'd like to see, it may make the game better (or worse) lol

This would be easier than hundreds of pages of suggestions etc.

It could look like this;

"More customisable armour/slots"
    Yes
    No
    Maybe

"Vehicle Mods"
    Yes
    No
    Maybe

etc?

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast