@Brammers - fantastic - please - see below.
Ok - lets go with Thursday !! lol
23rd December 2010: GMT 8pm-10pm - we'll refine that closer to the day.
Event: "Capture the Theif"
Professional infiltrator has stolen top secret corporate information. No further information required. CA unable to assist but have offered to reward safe return of stolen item with special prize. All agents currently attempting to locate information on known location of Theif. Contact person will make announcements to all willing to participate runners and clans when infomation becomes availible.
1. Intel will be disclosed on HELP channel as to last known Theif sightings and assumed identity. This will mark start of event.
2. A grace period will exist where the theif may not even be capturable and only chase-able to allow maximum participation. This period will expire at our discression.
3. The Theif will be LE'd and in disguise of a regular runner.
4. To 'capture' the theif you simply have to open a trade window when possible with the theif when you have captured/cornered him/her - See point 2 above.
The Theif will then surrender the important information/token he/she has stolen in exchange for his/her release.
This info/token is to be returned to the specified official for your reward.
The runner who captures the Theif has to complete this transaction, his or her death is only to the theifs benefit.
5. The Theif will obviously not want to be apprehanded and do what he/she can to evade capture. If the Theif is killed during this pursute then it is very likely they will have a genrep from which they will respawn and be very vunerable for a short period of time. This however will NOT be used as a means of escape.
6. Further info regarding sightings may become availible. Cannot gurantee accuracy or validity of information however.
7. Any cheating will not be tollerated and will mean exclusion from any potential prizes.
8. It's a free for all. Obviously LE'd runners dont have to worry about anything other than mobs but others are free to exert their dominance.
9. The theif will NOT use any un-fair means of escape or protection like entering faction HQ's.
10. The officials decision is final on everything.
Hope this goes well. Bit of a test run really. Maybe we'll organise some more stuff next year. Got loads of ideas people willing