Our second modeler just got his hl2dm version from that

btw could you maybe look at this discussion on the svn server, r2d22k would like to rearrange some of the folder structure, dunno if that will make the discspace go up a lot:
    http://wiki.techhaven.org/NcSource_talk:SVN_Structure

and in general, it's a good idea to check the wiki recent changes page (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Special:RecentChanges) because we'll be
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus
    It worked on my clean external computer prior to manually embedding content (I had some trouble with pakrat).
    (In this instance I had manually added the custom content folders, i.e. your props).

I see now that the map, as supplied to you, with the media embedded does drop some textures.

I'll get this fixed up asap

EDIT:
    For Nvidia users:
    http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/
    For ATI users:
    http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

So basically everyone has free Hl2DM.
    ATTENTION ALL NEOCRON CITIZENS: If you are interested in playing Neocron: Source and you didn't follow the links above, A POX ON YOU! You will need to own HL2: DM and an Orange Box game. Go! Get your free game! Do it! DO IT NOW!!!

Seeing as r2d22k is looking into making weapons work, I've dropped work on the vendor for a while, and instead started with some weapons again. I've started working on the dissy, as the version I had wasn't possible to import in source.

This is around 3000 poly so far, but that's without backfacing removed (the parts of the model not visible)

do you guys think I should go up on the poly count? (make it all a bit more rounded)

ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

finished the whole gun in modelling, now I gotta fine-tune, but I need comments (as in, any critique you have, just say so)

It is hard to see (@ work, viewing thru remote desktop) but I'd say it looks good. Now all we need are some "NC Style" hands to wrap around that sucker in first person view!

If you lay out the UV's for me (as straight as possible, please) I wouldn't mind taking a crack at a detailed skin for it. I would preferably like to have a VGUI screen on it to show ammo consumption on the model itself (just cause it is cool!). Are we going to try and get VGUI screens functioning for the mod? A bit off topic, but I have some cool ideas involving them.

Anyhow, looks good mate.

depends what u mean with vgui, r2d22k is looking into the general gui, so we should be able to do that, I dunno how to do the animated ammo display tho

Here:
    VGUI Overview
    VGUI Screen Implementation

It's the same stuff that makes up the game panels on the Valve UI, but you can place them on models and in maps to show dynamic information. Such as the example on the webpage above of a keypad that unlocks a door. Coud be useful for making the Citycoms integrate into gameplay or showing a digital read-out of the ammo on a laser rifle in first person view. I dunno, I think it might be out of our immediate scope, but I would love to have these things to play around with later on.

Also, I will have some updates on my map soon. I have been very busy in my personal life since my divorce and have had to cut down the amount of time I had been devoting to playing and developing games. At the least, I will integrate some more advertising materials and upload them to the SVN.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/VGUI_on_entity << is specifically how to add it to a model, so ye it's possible, I'll work with r2d2 on that.

as for the texturing, I first need to animate the thing, because then I know which back faces I can remove, I take it we're just using things like they are in neocron? so no melee attacks with the dissy?

After the dissy, or maybe during, I will start on psi glove, as r2d2 wants to get started on psi heal and shields, I was thinking of using the nc poster (also the background of the menu in NC, it's also the one at the top of the forums), as a concept. This is a different glove from the one in game, but the one in game probably doesn't look very nice on a higher poly model

the vgui thingy should be doable, to make the heals and shields show up on the person who got them i need to have a look into the vgui stuff, after that i think it shouldn't be too much of a problem to have such a display on the dissy the cs or whatever

have you tried making the blue parts, especially the clip of the dissy glow a little bit, i think that might look cool (oh hell yeah i am a scifi glow fanboy, i have to admit it )

oh no, this is rendered in blender, the colours are just random colours so it looks a bit like a dissy, I need to finish the model and animation before I start texturing

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    ... I take it we're just using things like they are in neocron? so no melee attacks with the dissy?
    I don't know. That depends on our gameplay that we decide. My personal opinion would be to say yes. Melee attacks FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    ... I will start on psi glove ... I was thinking of using the nc poster (also the background of the menu in NC, it's also the one at the top of the forums), as a concept. This is a different glove from the one in game, but the one in game probably doesn't look very nice on a higher poly model
    100% agree. That glove looks badass, and the current in-game glove does need an update. The newer weapons that came with 2.1 are updated, so we wouldn't necessarily have to change them much, if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by r2d22k
    ... to make the heals and shields show up on the person who got them i need to have a look into the vgui stuff ...
    The effect on the character model or a GUI element that shows up in first/third peson view to show that you have a heal ticking on you? One reason I wanted to use the OB code, is the particle system - specfically for shields and heals. They can be bound to a bone on all of the character models and be turned on and off depending on the status of the heal/shield. I would ask that while u are developing the GUI element portion of the buffs, to please consider making a coherent timer that can be seen showing how much time or "health" a shield or heal has remaining. I am also willing to help with the GUI artwork if/when a need arises.

I am also willing to develop the particle systems required for all heals, shields, sanctums and ammo splashes, if need be.
    have you tried making the blue parts, especially the clip of the dissy glow a little bit, i think that might look cool
    It is possible. It is also possible to make parts of weapons transparent and glow simultaneously... so, glass plasma tanks on the plasma weapons that glow: CHECK!
    (oh hell yeah i am a scifi glow fanboy, i have to admit it)
    Me too!

Please let me know if I can be of assistance with anything (textures, particle systems, suggestions, etc.).

Some of the answers to these things lie in the gameplay rules being decided on. We should probably get a discussion going on that either here, or on the wiki.
    Last edited by Whitestuff; 01-03-10 at 03:27.

I always thought they have introduced the attach Entity to a bone feature also in the normal SDK not only in the orange box version :/

I am currently thinking about how we should manage the psi effects but i think we should move that discussion to the wiki. And btw: suggestions are always welcome ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Whitestuff
    One reason I wanted to use the OB code, is the particle system - specfically for shields and heals. They can be bound to a bone on all of the character models and be turned on and off depending on the status of the heal/shield.
    This can be done in any version of the source sdk, the only difference is that there are some extra particle effects added that are more advanced and use more advanced shaders, but the things you did for the gravlifts could already be done in the original halflife

we need some input on the shield/buff/heal system:
    http://wiki.techhaven.org/NcSource_t...elds_and_heals

and could maybe somebody pack the subway map properly? I have no idea how to do it, but I'd like to set up the server so we can all mess about

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast