Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    @Biglines,

The model looks good, but the upper chest\shoulder area seems kind of wide. I'm a pretty big guy, and from my neck to my armpit isn't even that far apart.

Otherwise great model NC Shop Keeper eh?
    tnx, ill have a look at the shoulder area then (this was based off th vendor model in game, ill have a look with proper humans this time)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

better shoulders?

old:

new:
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Yeah that's much better. Before he looked kind of like a tank trying to be a shop keeper. Now it fits a lot better. Looks more human.

Excellent work

[edit] Too bad the Source engine doesn't support blowing off limbs like Fallout 3 does...or does it?

Not to shift gears here, but a Fallout 3 based NC mod would be awesome to have, especially with the huge landscape that Fallout 3 has, you could create just about any part of NCs wastelands in it and have no zone lines. Plus, with the RP elements all ready built in (well sort of) you could have a make shift leveling system....and blow off some limbs

Just a thought.
    Last edited by MrTrip; 01-02-10 at 20:35.

but no multiplayer right? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    but no multiplayer right? :P
    TBH I could almost care less about MP right about now. Its not like we are playing multiplayer in NC (hurr hurr). Honestly though it feels like a single player game with integrated IRC. We see people talking, but I barely ever run into people.

It would be cool to have the epics and such and set it all up to be a big single player NC adventure. Kind of like the single player side of NC you know? For those law enforcer kids that never wanted PVP to begin with. You could feel like real king shit there :P

Just a fun alternative to the loneliness you feel in game right now, or at least I feel. Because lets be honest...while this source mod is looking amazing.....who are you really going to play it with in a few years?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    TBH I could almost care less about MP right about now. Its not like we are playing multiplayer in NC (hurr hurr). Honestly though it feels like a single player game with integrated IRC. We see people talking, but I barely ever run into people.

It would be cool to have the epics and such and set it all up to be a big single player NC adventure. Kind of like the single player side of NC you know? For those law enforcer kids that never wanted PVP to begin with. You could feel like real king shit there :P

Just a fun alternative to the loneliness you feel in game right now, or at least I feel. Because lets be honest...while this source mod is looking amazing.....who are you really going to play it with in a few years?
    true, but a single player version is much more work than a multi player version

as for NC loneliness, I play at least an op every night, with lots of pvp in between, but then again I put up with p2 fighting (even though cowdblud is back )

true, but a single player version is much more work than a multi player version

as for NC loneliness, I play at least an op every night, with lots of pvp in between, but then again I put up with p2 fighting (even though cowdblud is back )
    Ahh yeah. But once you get everything NC like into the single player version, then its just about writing a story, and that shouldn't be too hard...I don't know really I guess. I haven't played much with the GECK but from the tutorials I did it was quite simple.

ah well, most of the models I've been making can be exported to most games, so if people want to play around with a fallout mod we can talk, but this thread is about the nc:source mod :P

ah well, most of the models I've been making can be exported to most games, so if people want to play around with a fallout mod we can talk, but this thread is about the nc:source mod :P
    I'll go mess around with the GECK and get back with you in a new thread a couple of people I know were making the plasma weapons in Fallout 3 more like the NC Plasma weapons, so I'll get with them and continue this in another thread.

Back on topic, All is looking good, but now, can we have random NPCs in the maps that just become easy target practice?! That would be kinda fun.

OMG HAX! I actually uploaded something to the SVN. I feel accomplished! Those mappers involved in the project: BEHOLD!!!! 4 Yo's signs for use.

Congrats White!
    [Nidhogg[Mod|IFW]] I'll pretend I didn't see the file 'Neocrackv3.exe' ; )

To find any of my custom textures, simply update to the current SVN and make sure they are in the proper folder Steamgarbagefilestructure/SourceMods/NCSource/Materials/NCS OR HL2_PNC for the few textures previously introduced before the SVN. Then open the Texture Application in Hammer and type either NCS, HL2, or Medi (for the medicare sign).

Thanks guys. Back to work.

really wasn't satisfied with the dimensions of the dude, so checked with proper dimensions, and the neocron models i used as reference are really off :P

so this the new version:

in comparison:

what I still wanna do:
    • Fix the shoes, they look like clogs
    • Give him hair
    • make the torso part non-symmetrical

but I'm totally open for suggestions for other improvements

The new one looks much better. Could you be bothered to give him a cheap looking cyborg arm? Just a thought.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

this is supposed to be the pretty normal plaza 1 vendor (and other city shops), but it's an idea for some custom player models (this vendor model will be non-playable I think).

What do you guys think of the size of the head btw? it's a far more realistic size, but the model in neocron has a larger head that this

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast