Quote Originally Posted by r2d22k
    Then, to get some new ideas, inspiration and to let the community show their interest, let me ask one question: how can the spirit of neocron pvp be translated to a round based shooter. Should there be some kind of skill system like in nc, a feat system like in most mmos or only a class system? What about PPUs? Any input on gamemodes? ...
    How about adapting the class and skill systems directly from Neocron? Everyone starts "capped", so, at the beginning of a game, players select a class and distribute their points, and they can save their skills as presets for future matches.

For the weapons, a system like in Counter-Strike might work well. Players start out with basic weapons and can use money to buy better weapons, as well as armor and implants.

Another idea would be some kind of persistent leveling and inventory system, but that would be a lot more work, and my first idea might be the logical first step to implementing this one.

For gamemodes:
    • Deathmatch - every man/woman/child for themselves
    • Team Deathmatch - NC vs DoY
    • Faction Deathmatch - Enemy Factions vs Enemy Factions
    • Dueling - 1on1 combat

If possible, I think it would be great if you could implement the reticule-based aiming system. For me, that's a large part of what makes Neocron combat so distinctly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by daughterolilith
    The PVP was the worst part about Neocron
    I had to read that three times

I don't know if you are referring to anything in particular, but for me it was an integral part of what made NC great

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    I don't know if you have played fallen earth, but the one thing that game doesn't have is a sense of adventure. You're just going through your list of meaningless people at the green and red crosses, shooting x mobs and talking to a host of the same people.
    This is true, I got bored of it and quit - but the concept had a lot of potential, and there are some really good moments like when you ignore the pre-set missions and go out exploring, then it has a real kind of modern-Neocron feel when out hunting mutated monsters with weapons you made yourselves from bits of junk you found

I like some pvp sometimes but I never could get into neocron's, I loved Savage: The Battle for Newerth because there was more thinking involved - I liked APB too before it became more item-based. I like stuff where there is no "gear" really, in Savage there is a lot of variety in the things people can choose from but they all have the same stats which is nice. I'm definitely not hardline anti PVP but exploring (and sometimes story, but I don't think many games are interested in female characters that aren't just a token or sex iobject)( www.1up.com/news/activision-games-female-leads )( http://www.overthinkingit.com/2011/0...f-starcraft-2/ ) is more important to me
    Last edited by daughterolilith; 13-02-12 at 16:52.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe
    I had to read that three times

I don't know if you are referring to anything in particular, but for me it was an integral part of what made NC great
    I had to read it a couple of times myself, but i kind of agree with lillith.
    I liked pvp, but i sucked at it, im on the other side of the world and lag always stuffed me in pvp, as well as the recticle, that fucking recticle!

I wish the game was more popular so there was more pvp, huge battles, but also alot more loner people like myself so there was more one on one fights.

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya
    I wish the game was more popular so there was more pvp, huge battles, but also alot more loner people like myself so there was more one on one fights.
    Back in the days, that was what made warbot hunting so exciting...

I assume there is still nothing on the original topic of the thread?

If you need models, what file format do you use?
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 26-02-12 at 22:33.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin
    I assume there is still nothing on the original topic of the thread?

If you need models, what file format do you use?
    any format you can import into udk, afaik fbx and collaeda.

If you plan on participating, shoot me or r2d22k a pm or add either of us on steam (or join the neocron:source steam group), and we'll get u sorted with the private forums so you can see what we've already done and whatnot.

That said, seeing as all the mappers seem to have either stopped working on their maps, or had no interest to move to the udk, mappers would be needed more.

But like r2d22k said, we're not really working on it anymore since the two of us (and tbh, mostly him), were the only people still working on it. If we get a bigger group that will actually contribute we will probably start again.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Biglines, I'm dropping this from the sticky list as you say yourself the project has slowed down. Obviously we can support you with visibility again in the future.

As this is quite a lengthy thread and it has had a bit of a roller coaster ride of topics over the last few pages, perhaps a new thread to re-invigorate the project might be in order?

p.s. closed to clean up a little.

Edit: Reopened.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 27-02-12 at 02:36.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

ye, I sent a pm to chenoa asking it to be unstickied (as I think she'd originally stickied it), but well... u know

But as I said, if we get a few more people interested, I'm up for restarting more strongly. I'll discuss a more visually appealing request for assistance with r2d22k, or otherwise just show what we've done so far (no point hiding it if we're not gonna finish it anyway )
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Small update for those interested, I've spoken with r2d22k. The original full scale neocron: Source/TCP game is currently indefinitely on hold unless we find some very enthusiastic and dedicated people to join the team. In the meantime, we are going to focus on a smaller project, a 2 player game in the neocron setting that can be realistically finished in one or two months (depending on both our workloads of course), accessible to anyone (not a source mod).

For another future project we could use someone with storytelling experience, as well as 2d and 3d artists.

I just revisited the board with this project in mind. As im really willing to contribute art, i wanna ask how to get the project files or just see a "as it is" demo. I'm willing to contribute what i can, mostly 2D stuff like signs, UI or anything i can recreate in photoshop. I played around yesterday and came up with this:

Edit: Image isn't in full resolution here, so you can check the normal dimensions: http://www.visual-district.de/ring0/neocron_ui2.png

damn that RPOS i want it for normal NC.... Coud you make a FA sign?

yea, this RPOS looks great, can we see your completely RPOS?

greetings
    +++ Zero Tech Limited-Collaboration of Neocron (ZTL-CNC) +++
    +++ Plaza 3 Sidestreet Enter A pw: ZTL-CNC +++

Is Neocron:Source a Mod of Half-Life or an new Game?
    (Sorry i'm german and my english is bad)

it was meant to be a mod for HL2 DeathMatch but then the devs decided to use UDK.