Seeing that there is no honest interest in this project, apart from the people who are working on it, I am not really motivated to spend my free time on this project anymore.

There is a lot of interest! We just are waiting patiently to see what is going on since we don't know, there is not much we can say That's why it's quiet, we don't have any teaser things or anything to talk about, we are waiting for you

Biglines is right.. There's little geniune interest in moving this forward outside of himself and R2. If there was then people would be stepping forward and making a more concentrated and sustained effort to contribute.

It's one thing to say I'm interested, it's another to sit down for 20 hours a week and devote yourself to the cause. There seems to be plenty of the first and little of the latter

I have genuine interest in this project.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    I have genuine interest in this project.
    please reread my post, it's the interest in helping with the project that is lacking. I imagine loads of people are interested in seeing what we do and have done, but regretfully a project like this either needs full time devotion, or a much larger team.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

hmmm maybe you should try asking on other game forums and progammer forums and stuff like that

loads of people here wish we could help but yeah we can only stand by and watch as the techy people do their thing and hope to see something cool :s

Quote Originally Posted by daughterolilith
    loads of people here wish we could help but yeah we can only stand by and watch as the techy people do their thing and hope to see something cool :s
    we actually need the artsy people more atm. People that can draw textures and model stuff.

and people that want to map, though we can use the udk maps for now
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

ask people directly.

"Can somebody help us?" .... no reaction, as anybody waits for another to say "yes"
    Satzzeichen absichtlich wegzulassen ist gegenüber dem Leser eine grobe Unhöflichkeit, da es das Lesen des Textes massiv erschwert.

Hmm downloading UDK, lets see what i can do.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

hmmm maybe you should try asking on other game forums and progammer forums and stuff like that

Then, to get some new ideas, inspiration and to let the community show their interest, let me ask one question: how can the spirit of neocron pvp be translated to a round based shooter. Should there be some kind of skill system like in nc, a feat system like in most mmos or only a class system? What about PPUs? Any input on gamemodes? ...

Quote Originally Posted by r2d22k
    Then, to get some new ideas, inspiration and to let the community show their interest, let me ask one question: how can the spirit of neocron pvp be translated to a round based shooter.)
    I don't think it can to be honest, the best that can be done with a source mod is just a "neocron themed" mod, recreating areas, armour and weapons from the game. If you're talking about a standalone game, sure you could have similiar combat and even throw in some stat customization but at the end of all that work you'd just have an updated neofrag.

There's nothing wrong with this of course, I still think its worth doing and could be alot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by r2d22k
    Then, to get some new ideas, inspiration and to let the community show their interest, let me ask one question: how can the spirit of neocron pvp be translated to a round based shooter. Should there be some kind of skill system like in nc, a feat system like in most mmos or only a class system? What about PPUs? Any input on gamemodes? ...
    The PVP was the worst part about Neocron (the drugs part especially retarded! I still love PVP in Savage: The Battle for Newerth though which is open source by the way if you ask the developers nicely maybe)

What I'd like to do woud be to explore and fight the giant "fire mob" enemies out in giant expanses again but without the bugs making them disappear and invisibly attack etc those were the most impressive thing about Neocron to me, that and the huge world and mysterious tunnels, and Regants oh god that place was awesome I wish it had been bigger and more Alienesque stuff, loved it. Giger rules I was never able to fight warbots and the big flying ones (assault bots?) because they seemed overpowered even as Tank Girl

Neocron's world really gave a sense of going out on an adventure that you don't get iwth many other games except maybe Fallen Earth
    Last edited by daughterolilith; 11-02-12 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    we actually need the artsy people more atm. People that can draw textures and model stuff.

and people that want to map, though we can use the udk maps for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefrian
    ask people directly.

"Can somebody help us?" .... no reaction, as anybody waits for another to say "yes"
    Yeah that's so true Zefrian! Get on deviantart look for cyberpunk 3d modelling, get on the 3D art sites etc Google for cyberpunk etc, say we are the head of a team developing a new freeware game based on an old one etc and people will be impressed and want to help you

I don't know if you have played fallen earth, but the one thing that game doesn't have is a sense of adventure. You're just going through your list of meaningless people at the green and red crosses, shooting x mobs and talking to a host of the same people.

The PVP was the worst part about Neocron
    I think you'll find about 99% of the people who ever played Neocron would disagree with you here