hey, cud you come on xfire?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Sorry I missed you. My daughter woke up and I have been entertaining ever since 3 this afternoon.

Well I was intending on finishing the top of medicare tonight... but first I updated my SVN (and uploaded the Garriot's Diner texture in 3 more colors for mappers to use). And afterwards, I opened Hammer and toyed with the stairs some more, preparing to finish garriot's diner and then realized, Biglines had done a ton of work! So I set forth updating the lower floor of Medicare instead with his models! Here are the results... Ladies and gentlemen, time for bed.

-This is the new skybridge and the handrails on the stairs complete. I will fix the particle system for the grav lifts later, it protrudes through the floor of the bridge.

-Medicare texture placed inside the adframe model.

-Vendor desk, plants, chairs, etc...

-The Gogo

Goodnight, folks!

A quick note - The wiki software has been updated to the latest version. Any problems, let me know.

BTW - those levels and weapons are looking dam sexy.

small update, the dissy is in the game, I have to install fraps to do a bit a movie. The only thing that needs doing is the texture needs to be done, atm it's only a quick ambient occlusion pass with some colours blocked out.

ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Sweeeet. Nice work.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

just noticed how incredibly crappy the ingame screenshot system is, absolutely no antialiasing etc... it looks much better ingame :P`

oh and of course the arms are still unskinned (they use the dissy skin now :P), until we decide on the model for the arms

oh and mappers, take a look at hdr, might be nice to have in the mod!

The Dissy looks great Biglines! Can't wait to see it textured!

I'm not using HDR for the time being, simply because it adds a ton of time to compile time. I will most likely do it after all the brushwork is done and bug tested.
    Last edited by Whitestuff; 12-03-10 at 18:15.

small teaser, r2d2 got a plasma bolt working, and I got a small placeholder animation for the psi glove (as in, it is usable for a first version, but I wanna update the whole thing some time later). When we get the psi glove in game I will post a video of the two things (dissy shooting plasma bolts, psi glove with animation)

I'd like to see the plasma bolt! I was invisioning making with a particle system. Anyhow, I would love to see it!

ye, haven't heard from r2d2 so will have to wait till he adds it to the game, he was not at home so couldn't update the svn

Question: Do u have to replace an existing weapon for this model? What kind of Ammo does it shoot? Bullets of an replaced weapon? Or dissi pew pew phaser?
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

r2d2 is working a full replacement mod, I think whitestuff's map is also mostly for that mod, in which we have total new weapons/classes and of course custom gun types (the plasma bolt is now implemented (the green CS ammo)), and we will also have ppu/apu things

the maps that are possible to use with episode 1, will also be made available for hl2 dm, but as this is less interesting to play these will be mostly just be used as showcases of our maps/models

the first of these maps for hl2dm has been out for a while http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144202

had some free time tonight, so continued with my PE PA:

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast