Seems like no one really has an opinion on this topic, so i think we will switch to UDK.
    Has anyone experience with flash? All the fancy menu stuff and also the userinterface is done in flash and so i could use help on creating a nice and fancy menu and unserinterface.

If you switch to UDK I canne help you until I'm up to speed on it.

I'll have a look when work aren't treating me like a slave.

What is UDK?
    I can not support anything that uses Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    What is UDK?
    I can not support anything that uses Flash.
    first: I don't get what you mean by supporting?

second: udk is unreal development kit, and as long as the game is free you don't have to pay to use a toned down version of one of the newer unreal engines.

third, whats with the steve jobs statement? nothing wrong with flash in itself.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Most AAA video games use a variant of flash (compiled with a non adobe compiler) for in-game UI's. Here is a list of flash based UI games (Scaleform) : http://www.scaleform.com/gamesusing

I think switching engines is kind of silly at this point, but since work has stalled- it might reignite some of the developers interest and that can't be bad.
    [Nidhogg[Mod|IFW]] I'll pretend I didn't see the file 'Neocrackv3.exe' ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus
    Most AAA video games use a variant of flash (compiled with a non adobe compiler) for in-game UI's. Here is a list of flash based UI games (Scaleform) : http://www.scaleform.com/gamesusing

I think switching engines is kind of silly at this point, but since work has stalled- it might reignite some of the developers interest and that can't be bad.
    all my models should be directly translatable to almost any engine we're going to use tbh.

it would require a different method of mapping afaik.

I don't mind either way, but seeing as the mappers are inactive anyway afaik, it was an option since it would mean it would be free for everyone, not just source game owners.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

If you're switching to UDK, I'd love to help. I have some experience with the engine, and I messed around with Scaleform a bit.
    Trust is a weakness.

I am here. It seems the last few posts were some months ago. Is anyone still willing to work on the project? In Source or otherwise?

Please drop a line here if you would like to work on it. I dropped off the map because Valve screwed with the SDK and broke everything. But if we are porting to UDK, I can learn that. Unreal has always had an easy to learn map software. I doubt UDK is any different.

If we are sticking with Source, that would be fine as well. All I have to do is boot up Hammer and get back to work.

Let me know!

Luckily the mapping software is exactly the same as it is for the Unreal Engine games.

What i have worked on during the last week and successfully implemented:
    • basic system for passive spells: heal and shields
    • 3rd person cam
    • integrating the passive spells into the hud

The system i used for integration the passive spells can be easily extended to include the stat buffs. The integration into the hud is just a textfield, which displays the time remaining on that buff. To make it look more NC like i would need apropriate graphics

Next on my list would be integrating a basic stat system which will influence especially how precise one shoots and perhaps also the resistance to certain types of damage. What will be implemented after that is still to be decided on. One possible way would be to implement apu spells and then to implement a basic class system.

[EDIT]
    Btw: as Biglines already mentioned, UDK is not directly using flash (as you might have guessed from my post) it uses Scaleform, a hardware accelerated integration of action script into graphical engines. A short youtube explanation and some eyecandy can be found here .
    Last edited by r2d22k; 09-01-11 at 23:09.

I'll take a look at porting my models to udk. Any idea if there are any animation packs for udk? else ill have to manually animate, which will take longer but should be possible.

from what I can see it should be easier to export models to udk than it is for source, so I'm good with udk

Unreal engine should be easier to code in and such as well.

ye seeing as r2d2k seems to have implemented more in udk already than in all the time in source I'd say thats true

r2d2k cud u give me some idea of what kind of stuff you need from me? I can do interface design and modeling.

Also haven't looked far but do you have some documentation on viewmodels?

So you guys switch from sourceengine over to UDK?

What are exactly do you do at the moment? Last thing ive seen was a nice map in HL2 deathmatch and some other stuff Biglines was up to build. So you changed the engine? Is there something to show us or are you programming a complete new game based on UDK?
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

nothing to show I think, maybe r2d22k can show a screencast of the things he's done, but afaik it's mostly just laying the groundwork.

Good thing about UDK is that when it's finished, it will be available to everyone, instead of only those with a new source engine game.

Also there's loads more documentation on UDK (although its only a year old, while source is like 7 years old), which should make it easier.