Default Community Project - Neocron:Source - Thread 3

Because the other thread was getting rather full, decided to start a new
    thread to give a bit of an overview of how far we've gotten.

WhiteKrakRBOi started out a few months back on a plaza1 map for hl2, which
    turned into a plan to start a bigger project, which is a Mod for the source
    engine (HL2/TF2), which would become at least a multiplayer deathmatch
    game with the weapons from Neocron, taking place in the city of neocron, and
    maybe even incorporate the armour/skills system of neocron.

A lot of good reactions and brainstorming interested myself for the project, so
    I started helping out with modeling and texturing.

From the German section of the forum, some people came over and showed
    some previous work, which can be found in the other thread.

More relevant info can also be found at:
    http://wiki.techhaven.org/NcSource:Overview

and we set up a steam group so we can contact each other for playtests and such:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ncsource/

In this thread I will showcase the work we've done so far on this particular
    project, all the work until now (the graphics anyway), put together in the
    start post:

By WhiteStuff:

Most of your stuff is very very large, could you maybe post your work with smaller cropped images? (also I don't know which versions you want to show, the early versions too or just the final ones)

By Inferno:
    Tylor's Biochem:

Codee's Sushi Bar:

Yo's Pawn Shop:

By Rambus:
    NC_Subway:

The map is modeled after / inspired by the Neocron 1 offline demo battle (copbots vs tg).

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus
    A couple new teasers:

The subway HL2M map portion is done

A few minor tweaks (including scale).

EDIT: If everyone wants we can set a date/time for a larger playtest ?
    By Mal:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal

Okay so that's the first section of Outzone 2 done. It's slightly different to the original for technical reasons. One of the technical reasons been that I'm lazy.
    By me (Biglines):

Silent Hunter ingame with animations

facecount so far: 1410, so nearing the 3000 triangles... prolly shud start optimizing

as a preview of the detailing:

(just the models placed in rambus' old version of nc_subway)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Also important to note:

SVN:
    http://www.g0dsoft.net/ncsource/

Mailing list sign up:
    http://ncs.g0dsoft.net/
    [Nidhogg[Mod|IFW]] I'll pretend I didn't see the file 'Neocrackv3.exe' ; )

wow thats freaking cool!

Rainy Day

respect

Oh Hell Yeah I Like It!

lol looks like the new thread was a good idea people weren't following it anymore
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I'm currently modelling a sales person for all the maps, and I want to have some different textures. So, people who want to be in the mod, send met the following:

a pic of the front, side and back of the face, best to have a shut mouth, open eyes, no smile (and a short note saying we can use your image in the mod and on any pr media (as the model might be in a screen shot or something)), people with very extreme hairstyles will most likely not be chosen as that'd require a new model.

I am in no way guaranteeing that you won't look like an idiot :P but if you don't agree with the texture I'll maybe remove it :P

Note: mod contributors will be my first choice, but if they don't want to have their faces on models, I'll take the first few community members

thought I'd show the results of my first try at a human head, this would be where instead your faces would show up! :P

this is a work in progress, I know the jawline needs work, hell, the back of the head and behind the ears isn't even modelled

So I was just going to go work on some weapons to import to source just for entertainment, but I can't find any of the NC2.2 graphic update renders. Anyone have a link to all those weapon pictures?
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox
    So I was just going to go work on some weapons to import to source just for entertainment, but I can't find any of the NC2.2 graphic update renders. Anyone have a link to all those weapon pictures?
    Hre you go: http://ln.neocron.com/5/productnews

Sweet, Thanks!
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Keepin' It Old School Milenko2121's Avatar

Can't wait to see how this turns out. I hope it evolves into something huge.
    Last edited by Milenko2121; 23-01-10 at 09:10.
    "Sometimes You Just Need To Do Something... Different"

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox
    what modelling app do u use? (please only use software you have a proper license for), mostly so our files remain compatible

Guys you did an awesome job! Keep it up!
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

From the previous thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    if by ripping you mean anything other than playing/copying, i think it is illegal, as modifying neocron files (which it is), is against the TOS. if they can be played by the game or another tool, I don't see how that could be illegal

but yes, if we could get niddies or some other mod's opinion on the matter that would be great
    I'm afraid that we cannot provide you with permission to use or access the mp3 music files in any way except via the Neocron client during normal gameplay. We have a very specific license to distribute and use the music and our terms of use are very strict.

We love to support you where we can and trust that you understand that our hands are tied in this respect.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast