Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default People still playing?

Used to play NC a long time ago (started at beta 4), damn best game I've ever laid my hands on. Had to quit since I had to join the army. That was 6 long years ago...

So I'm thinking about coming back. Should I?

I was thinking about trying a different mmo, but having seen all those no-skill-required-whatsoever, point n' click, PvE oriented bullshit games such as WoW and LotRO (I even tried LotRO. How people enjoy these utterly boring repetitive text based quests and hack n' slash PvE fights is beyond me), I gave up the search.

I remember back then there were quite a few nuisances like low populated servers, endless zone syncs, crashes and some other stuff I can't remember. Are these annoyances still around? I'm specifically worried about this game being near deserted. How many people are logged in during peak hours?

I used to play a pistol PE (lib). They were pretty underrated back then but I really liked my char and would like to use low tech pistols again. Are they still any good?

Thanks

Yes people still play Neocron. There are pretty decent peak times in pop. The bugs are still around. Welcome back to Neocron!

low tech pistols are the way to go still aside from xbow, and libby still does killer dmg too high for its TL too if you ask me...

as far as server populations, during peak which is not "my" peak 6-9% but even then the game still seems deserted unless your in one of the 3 top clans atm and are having an op fight you probably wont find a fight anywhere except the random p2 fight vs the hacking dev tanks....I dont want to put you off there are alot of legit people who can give u a fair fight but I figured Id let you know before you get ingame again thinking its gonna be like it was and forget it forever...welcome back

This all does sound rather discouraging, but it is as I suspected.
    I was skimming through some of the threads here and have a few more questions:
    1. People are cheating? I never dreamt cheating would be possible in NC, naive me. How do they cheat?
    2. Is it free to play now? Anyone can elaborate?

Anyway if it is free to play I might come back just for kicks and see what's going on.

Anyone care to share their experience with other mmo's? Fallen Earth sounds decent, albeit all the bugs and the broken economy system I read about here and there. Think I'll try the free trial. I really got the craves for a good cyberpunk/scifi mmofps.

There are some cheaters around, yes. Most arent cheating though..

Yes its free to play atm, if you have a NC2 account, you can just login and play.

All other MMOs suck tbh.. Dunno why, but theres always something wrong with new MMOs (usually the pvp sucks)

I played Fallen Earth for about 2 months from Beta, and got really hooked. I was taking in the scenery and admiring the view while completeling my quests. Then it occured to me that I hate that style of play and I wanted some PvP action, which is absolutly WANK!

Don't get me wrong the game has potential and it's an amazing environment to play in... But god damn is it boring as hell, but you may like that sort of thing so don't hold my statement in your head if choosing to play or not

I don't like that style of play either, I play mainly to cap my char and then socialize and PvP, I don't really care about quests (perhaps unless they're group oriented), and PvE is just a way for me to reach my goal of capping and being able to PvP other capped players. Of course I really like the the cyberpunk environment and and atmosphere and events can be really cool. How can a mmofps like Fallen Earth not have hardcore PvP? That's just a shame I'll look into it anyway

On a side note, I've been trying to download the NC installer, to no avail so far. Downloaded from gamespot and then MMOsite.com, both files were corrupt. I'll try another mirror, but I fear third time's not a charm.
    Is it possible to install the game using the original NC1 CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes
    I don't like that style of play either, I play mainly to cap my char and then socialize and PvP, I don't really care about quests (perhaps unless they're group oriented), and PvE is just a way for me to reach my goal of capping and being able to PvP other capped players. Of course I really like the the cyberpunk environment and and atmosphere and events can be really cool. How can a mmofps like Fallen Earth not have hardcore PvP? That's just a shame I'll look into it anyway

On a side note, I've been trying to download the NC installer, to no avail so far. Downloaded from gamespot and then MMOsite.com, both files were corrupt. I'll try another mirror, but I fear third time's not a charm.
    Is it possible to install the game using the original NC1 CD?
    Now thats bad luck
    Ive downloaded NC a lot of times, and never got corrupt files.
    I think FileFront was what I used to download NC last time.

And no, you cant use the NC 1 disc

Apparently it was a problem on my end. Seeing as the third file was also causing an error, I figured it might be a fw/av problem, so I tagged the installer as a safe file and now it works.

But now I have another problem. I checked on the NC website to see if my account is still active and apparently it is, so I used it to log in but I can't get past the server selection screen. I choose Terra and then it says: 'connecting to server' and after a few seconds it goes back to the server selection screen. Is this a known issue or is it probably my old account causing the problem?

I wouldn't mind creating a new account, but on the website it seems there are no ways to create an account for free (says I have to pay a monthly fee of €5.00).

What to do?

But now I have another problem. I checked on the NC website to see if my account is still active and apparently it is, so I used it to log in but I can't get past the server selection screen. I choose Terra and then it says: 'connecting to server' and after a few seconds it goes back to the server selection screen. Is this a known issue or is it probably my old account causing the problem?
    If you can get past the login screen, to server selection, it sounds like its another problem on your end
    Are you sure you dont have a firewall messing things up?

....And there ends my knowledge about NC problems
    I am sure theres plenty of people who knows a whole lot more about NC problems than me though

BTW, are you using Vista or Windows7? If thats the case theres a thread somewhere about how to get NC to run, since those can lead to some problems - or so ive heard (im still living with XP hehe).

like in the other post, your account is probably still nc1, you'll probably have to start over unless you can get KK to transfer it again (which is non-existent to very slim)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

If your running Vista you need to disable user account controls. There is a thread about it somewhere. Also if your running win7 running as administrater somewhat helps. Also the first run of Neocron run in windows mode that will help as well You can get to that setting in the launcher.
    Last edited by gypsiMoth; 18-04-10 at 22:46.

and if vista/w7 don't put it in program files (or move the entire folder to for example c:\neocron2 or my documents\neocron2
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

This all does sound rather discouraging, but it is as I suspected.
    I was skimming through some of the threads here and have a few more questions:
    1. People are cheating? I never dreamt cheating would be possible in NC, naive me. How do they cheat?

discouraging at times yes, but still 90% of the time I still have fun Im past the point now where I have to stay constantly logged in waiting and waiting for something to happen, if noones on, or theres people on but no fights I log. the "cheaters" like phil said are few and far between anymore.

and as far as your question about people are cheating, yes its possible and Id go into why but I dont know specifics and if I did nid would edit them faster than you would be able to see it anyways, all I will say is log in and fight some people, chances are youll recognize them by the holy hell how is that tank running like he has 250 athletics, doing damage like he has 500 hc and never misses with dev even when im eons away whilst taking shit for damage while showing his cool teleportation tricks and then when he dies he doesnt drug bug.

btw: regarding your other thread that closed, if you gotta start fresh there are lots of people ingame who are totally down to help out with gear but lvling is kind of a solo mans game now, if your that old of a vet you are probably used to the huge team lvling at caves and shit, now its just regeants, which is killer xp anyways. but anyways just saying if u want to get back into it hit some of us forum junkies up were always around
    Last edited by extract; 19-04-10 at 02:23.

It works!
    I've tried everything, and I mean everything suggested in that Vista help thread except moving the folder away from program files, and that solved the problem.
    I'll create a char some other time as I have to go to work.

Thank you all and see you ingame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast