Since we get threads every so often asking "what's chaanged since I last played" I figured the best thing to do would be to list it. Note: I didn't play NC1, so if anyone could add anything I missed in that transition, go ahead.
Also: Many changes didn't happen with the exact event listed, but in that general period. I can't promise to have covered everything either. For a more comprehensive, but still incomplete list, see the patch notes as well as the Neocronicle and VOTR.
Neocron 2 Launch September 2004
- Characters transfer with only implants, armour and quickbelt. Epic items and keys don't transfer, neither does cash. Some Saturn characters corrupted.
- Twilight Guardian, Fallen Angels, Black Dragon, Crahn Sect, Tsunami Syndicate all driven/leave their homes and set up base in the Dome of York.
- Faction relationships made side vs side with City Mercs as neutrals.
- Dome of York opened to all.
- Wisdom of Ceres skills made active and Ceres Labs opened throughout the wastes.
- Hacknet added and made acessible
- Added juggernaut facility
- Added/fixed epic runs for all factions.
- Some world textures updated
- Player character models updated
- Made gloves and "level 5" (SF, Psi Core etc) implants made from BPs obtained in hacknet
- Escador Oasis GR removed
Patch 131 (and surrounding) April 2005
- Added "Mr jones" character, missions and rewards for new characters.
- Added Reza's Calling, Reporting For Duty, Canyon Challenge and Hurler King missions.
- Fixed crossbow mission/removed old coin mission.
- Returned the canyon to Twilight Guardian control, removed raptors.
- Added hacknet "dungeons" in the cities.
- Removed one-shot-kill protection
- Added Electric Vibes and Tiki nightclubs, along with accompanying missions.
- Herbalis Plant missions "fixed" (although reward always has been worthess)
Evolution 2.1 December 2005
- All weapon models except melee and flamer updated.
- All vegetation models updated
- Weapon sounds updated
- Weapon reload doesn't complete until end of animation (approximatley)
- Regant's legacy added and opened, along with a multi-part mission.
- Zone security system overhauled. Now 7 different zone types.
- Changed Black Dragon epic reward to an appartment
- Added combat assault quad vehicle and mission to obtain
Evolution 2.2 March 2007
- All impant and armour statitics changed
- New line of armour added: Carbon (high pierce, low poision resist)
- All armour types now have belts
- Additional armour slots added - seperate PA slot, and a neck armour slot.
- Armour is now locational
- Reticle added to APU spells and drones
- Psi spells now require LoS at start of casting
- LOMs no longer cause SI
- Psi Core, Hercules, Special Forces and Synpatic Accelerater implants split into two different impants.
- Several new brain implant lines added. See the item DB for full details.
- Skill influence system reworked
- Split Shelter spell into Absorber and Protector
- Added addtional weapons to lines that had large TL gaps.
- Returned "level 5" implants to rare pool
- Transfered antibuff spells from APU to PPU
- Added nanite shielding and healing
- Reworked all drug benefits, added several additional drugs, added survival kits
- Added missions for obtaining Reaper assault rifle, Ronin sniper rifle, Freeman pistol and Warhammer rocket launcher
- Adjusted construction calculations
- Added Air Guard glider and Trophy Hunter Trike
- Added Regant's lab zone, assocaited multi-part mission and Genotoxic power armour.
Patch 167 (Faction Revamp) December 2007
- Dome of York abandoned, factions returned to NC1 locations.
- Faction relationships made more complicated, less red vs blue.
- All dome appartments moved to the new "outzone appartment complex"
- Tiki and Electric Vibes clubs moved to Neocron
- Newbie levelling areas in the Dome removed. New high level dungeons (based on old maps) and new mission for the dome added.