seems a bit like a waste of time, you could work on improving the actual layout a bit though but as it was said, some things are more important like missing items and all ...

Actually i find the actual layout UI pretty cool

Sounds awsome, and I didn't mean to sound critical. I know that you are making NSkill on your own time and its a fantastic program, keep up the good work. I was just trying to say that if you do more work in it, these are the areas I would like to see improved.

And CMaster, yea I have been doing that, but it would be convienent to have on NSkill.

yeah, I was actually wondering why NSkill didn't include all items, mana pool, speed, combat/rank etc etc. but I give you mad props steven, doing this on your free time is really appreciated. I love Nskill and I use it all the time I lvl my alts. Keep it up and I know the next update will be great! ^^
    Terra - War of Seasons | Ukitakumuki | Dawn of War | Holotype | Silent Force | Gully
    Titan - Spooge Demon | Goon Demon | Ressi Demon | Psi Demon
    My Art Profile

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Ok, ok... I made a booboo

Message received loud and clear...

Gah, innovation's dead

Seriously though, usability is a big thing for me, so any cool ideas for the UI are greatly appreciated. Unlike the decisions to include weapon damage, more stats, etc, it's nothing I can decide on my own, so I do need ideas

could you add the Hithealth Index to Nskill ?

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141680

Would be great

I really like the way it's looking ^^. Since you want UI ideas, why not have an option to change the color of the UI? :P I always prefer "black/dark greyish" colors for my UI.

Other than whats missing etc, it's sexy as it is.
    Last edited by carbonkink; 24-01-08 at 20:24.
    Terra - War of Seasons | Ukitakumuki | Dawn of War | Holotype | Silent Force | Gully
    Titan - Spooge Demon | Goon Demon | Ressi Demon | Psi Demon
    My Art Profile

Great work! It's helped greatly with my pistol spy setup

In my opinion, the utility is fine as it is... But the adding of the missing items would go far in my book. Maybe the adding of weapons, etc...
    I'm still here, Just my playtime is severely reduced... Freelance hacker for hire

Quote Originally Posted by hell-demon
    Yeah, it's bullshit and chips!

Quote Originally Posted by aenema
    could you add the Hithealth Index to Nskill ?

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141680

Would be great
    I'd like to see that happen, it would be really useful.

I'll see what I can do about the hit health index, it's a very nice metric

What I'd like to ask though, is for rifle users to please post their dmg and freq % on the rare and woc rifles, along with their R-C, T-C, and Lore specced

Thanks to the unex team, (and particularly Mighty Max, I'm sure nobody will mind me singling him out here!), we're very, very close to calculating damage and freq accurately. The more test cases we have the better

/Edit - oh, Glok... if you're using V0.6.13, putting your char's name as Glok means you'll always get the psi imps
    Last edited by StevenJ; 06-02-08 at 01:39.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    /Edit - oh, Glok... if you're using V0.6.13, putting your char's name as Glok means you'll always get the psi imps
    Doh! Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind.

We've found a pretty nasty bug in NSkill, which I think people should be aware of. I don't think there's a huge call to fix it with the progress of NSkill2, and it's been undetected for an year nearly... but:

If the armour layer for any one zone totals exactly 25 for any one resist, then it doesn't apply the armour for that resist. I have a hole in my maths This primarily affects monks who would use, say, a light kevlar collar or light kevlar belt.

Cheers to Brammers for finding this for me!

Quick double post - if this affects you, open up the .txt file and change, say,

+ poison 25

to

+poison 24.99999

(Cheers Bram... again!)

news on nskill2?

Quote Originally Posted by tarasm
    news on nskill2?
    I talked to StevenJ the other day and he says that he is working hard on it!

Whats considered hard?