Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eneco
    so if there is no class restriction, then couldnt a apu with INT, imp, and focus use PE nanites without specing any extra points? apu's have the INT capp needed for the tools, i think anyway, and the extra pts to spend there for the imp. and the focus they have from the psi reqs anyway. so is it possible for apu's to use the nanites then? i would test this except i cant extend my acount for a few weeks.
    Yes, APUs can use the "PE" nanites very easily. And no PE uses them because to do so cripples both their offence and defence. On teh flip side they really aren't very useful anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    Yes, APUs can use the "PE" nanites very easily. And no PE uses them because to do so cripples both their offence and defence. On teh flip side they really aren't very useful anyway.
    if you look i changed my post after i read your earlier posts about apus and nanites. i was just wondering what the PE nanites do anyway, because they don't seem very useful, but you say they aren't, so I'll take your word for it, but what were they supposed to do anyway?

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

if you look i changed my post after i read your earlier posts about apus and nanites. i was just wondering what the PE nanites do anyway, because they don't seem very useful, but you say they aren't, so I'll take your word for it, but what were they supposed to do anyway?
    I was wondering about the edited posts.
    Anyway, with the "basic" tools you can remove various negative effects. Parashock, stacks etc. The advanced tools let you remove shields from people- ie antibuff nanites. But of course you have to run right up to someone for it to work, and then there is a delay. And only one shield at a time. No idea what all the different levels do, my guess would be higher level = quicker acting.

Anyway, with the "basic" tools you can remove various negative effects. Parashock, stacks etc. The advanced tools let you remove shields from people- ie antibuff nanites. But of course you have to run right up to someone for it to work, and then there is a delay. And only one shield at a time. No idea what all the different levels do, my guess would be higher level = quicker acting.
    okay, i think i get it now, the basic ones remove stacks from energy, fire, poison, x-ray, and contamination, the only stacking damages in the game afaik. could the contamination possible be the damage stacks from genotoxics? because if so, those nanites are also the only thing which can prevent/block regents damage type (i think), making them somewhat useful. and why implement and anti-parashock nanite a the same time you take parashock from the game

well seeing as the anti-(sheild) nanites need to be stacked to be more effective i'd imagine that the higher level tools need to stack less...

why implement and anti-parashock nanite a the same time you take parashock from the game
    Parashock is still in game... in fact i think there are more variations now.

Arrow

making them somewhat useful. and why implement and anti-parashock nanite a the same time you take parashock from the game
    Don't give them the stupid idea of increasing Parashock back to the same old devastating, dull, and overpowered scale it used to be on. It's only just finally been nerfed and it already resulted in bringing extra fun in the form of some anti-city players raiding Neocron sectors. Though Neocron still has too many guards.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

I agree with a general decrease of FCS on the 'PE' nanite tools. PEs got wicked shafted in 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by unreal
    Don't give them the stupid idea of increasing Parashock back to the same old devastating, dull, and overpowered scale it used to be on. It's only just finally been nerfed and it already resulted in bringing extra fun in the form of some anti-city players raiding Neocron sectors. Though Neocron still has too many guards.

i wasn't giving them that idea, i just wondered why put anti-para nanites into the game when parashock wasnt used as much anymore, (i thought it was pointless now?) and, of course, i agree with you, i was having fun invading NC the other day and i also agree that the PE's got kinda screwed over, the PE tools are pointless for PE's instead they can become used by APU's so they really arnt PE tools anymore

I noticed on Nskill that nanites give 5.26% where is this number derived from?

What % protection do nanites give and how is that related to the TL of the nanite tool being used? Also is it an absolute level of protection per shot or is it relative to the base protection after con + armor?

ie does each shot give 5.26% each time regardless or does it give 5.26% of the base resist type it was applied to?

I think the NSkill guys didnt research it right so they added some curious numbers. Same with the shields.

The 5,26% are added to ur alrdy existing resis, and absorbs first. So if you take 100dmg it will get first absorbed by your shield/nanites then by your armor and at last your skilled resis. The absorbtion is like i said additiv so you wont absorb 100/~5%=95 and 95/30% etc. The bottom line is that the complete absorbtion is added to one number and divides the 100 dmg. e. g. 100/65,26% in this case.

A small hint. Check your neocron.ini and add the following phrase:
    ENABLELOGS = "TRUE"
    Then do a relog and check your Neocron2/logs folder. NC should have created a new txt files named like yourcharacter_00. IF you relogg NC renames the file to yourcharacter_01 and creates a new yourcharacter_00 so the latest file is always the _00 ending file. There you see all the dmg/heal your character receives.
    Last edited by Powerpunsh; 10-10-11 at 13:43.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

not sure if this is correct or not, but I always just thought of nanites as shitty psi shield basiclly, working the same way.. since its nanites or psishielding

well nanites can apparently be stacked, while shields cant
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Nannites should be removed. Spies should be able to drug for shelter again.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    If I see a spy in game using shelter, I'm going to report him for hacking and exploiting.

Shelter doesn't exist in Neocron anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    this. nanite heals work. fuck the nanite shields. its lame. forces spies to spec poke when they are much better hackers anyway.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast