But, what if you're colour blind? Is that our own problem for being genetically inferior or can there be an option for us to choose? (I KNOW! IMAGINE HAVING CHOICES!)
    Black Prophecron! You know it makes sense!

Can we do something to visually differentiate nano tools please ?

Or maybe overlay the letters of the current loaded Nanites.

Why? They haven't bothered with the hack/stealth tool differentiation we asked for so long ago.
    No point in having a sig if it just gets deleted for containing funny truisms!

Quote Originally Posted by a4nic8er
    Why? They haven't bothered with the hack/stealth tool differentiation we asked for so long ago.
    I would like something on my hack and stealth tools as well!

The amount of times I've hit the stealth tool instead of the hack tool has been too many.

Or the number of times I've used the wrong nanites in a fight, and ended up dead.

PPU's have colour coded Abosorber, protector and deflectors. Let's have a bit of spy loving as well.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

You are aware that the CIT nanite tools, with their current reqs are only suitable for use by APUs, despite their claimed target of PEs, correct? Its suicide for a PE to pass on that much WEP and to abandon all their psi shields in the name of getting that FCS for the frankly less than spectacular CIT effects. An APU however, already has the focussing and due to the minimal role of PSU can easily afford to spec the implant required. Hey preseto, APUs still antibuff.

I think it's good for apu's to have the option to use nanites. Instead of taking that away, the PE's role needs to be heavily reassessed as they seem to have lost out in so many ways (melee/heavy weapons usage, vehicles, psi shields, nanites) since the arrival of 2.2.
    Nullvoid // The Provider

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

I made no comment on it being good or bad. Its certainly not any kind of game breaker. I was merely pointing out that they aren't being used by their supposed target class but another one. Still, I see no reason why monks shouldn't use nanites. THey are intelligent enough and hell, were behind a lot of technologyy development in NC's history - they aren't all releigous nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by calim
    Can we do something to visually differentiate nano tools please ?
    ?

Is there a point in using the TL 100 vs TL 86 ones? TL 100 come out at like 88% and 86 are 94%, I get more resistance from the 94 than the 100s based on looking at the item, I haven't checked logs yet though.. but the 86's were giving 35%.
    Take some solace in these words, take notice of this place.
    Hollow whispers that they are, like the wind upon my face.
    Just sing sofly in my ear and look at me with wonder.
    I will try to ease your fear as the darkness pulls you under.

Ok apparently the numbers on the injector are pretty much worthless.. some testing shows tl100 ones much better.
    Take some solace in these words, take notice of this place.
    Hollow whispers that they are, like the wind upon my face.
    Just sing sofly in my ear and look at me with wonder.
    I will try to ease your fear as the darkness pulls you under.

We need different colorized nanite tools, according to protection type, different stealth/hack tools. I am still using 6x tools for each nanite and I cant see, how to solve this without making things extremely complex. I tried using 2 and 3 slotted tools, but in the end it was much more complicated than having those extra slots in QB. At least make the tool change its color with the nanite box it has. This will help a lot. Also the subtitles: replace them with icons and colours. Group injections with a small number. Example:
    *say you want to inject with 3x energy nanites. a small thunder icon is introduced with a number embossed on it showing nanites applications. It s easy...
    Nice icons with colours its not that hard... say fire icon for fire, radiation icon for xrr and so on

Casius / lore

i use a 4 slotted nanites tool and its really not that difficult. just think a little before u inject urself and look at the nanite bars where ur buffs are then ur fine

It is difficult. It might have been easy only if inventories stayed tided, but they are not. Ammo chunks go here and there. Nanites go wherever they like. Junk goes where it likes in a way that it takes 5-10 mins for everything to be a hell of a mess. What's more it take you much longer to cast them nanites, provided you can find the correct nanite box

how is it that the PE nanites work, I understand the advanced projector, that remove psi effects, but how do the detoxic, etc. nanites work? do they remove stacking effects, or remove damage during the one second they last? because if they removed stacks, they wouldn't be able to prevent very much damage, and if they stop damage during their one second span, then they seem pretty pointless to me
    Last edited by Eneco; 14-04-07 at 00:53.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast