Arrow

I haven't said there should be no colouring have I? I favour the extra colours personally. Rather random post aimed at me. (Apologies for the slight hi-jacking caused by jini though. Quote me or don't bring me into it)
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

New patch notes 164 already up btw.... they are moving fast

I just can't solve one thing ...

In the retail version, a spy can improve his resists by eating drugs and then using STR armor and psi spells. So in others words, spy resists are based on how he is rich... first point.

If i red right, in the test version, a spy can now improve his resists by injecting nanites, so in addition of money needs "to live", you'll need ammo and more money to spend for it where a PE could spend nothing ? That's why i would see "shield tools" instead of "nanites injection".

I believe in malus/bonus of each class's competences, but i don't want a tool which use these developped competence to rely on money, that's not fair, especially if it's only for one or two classes.

Okay, i've been toiling over the fact that nanite heals suck... terribly, and i've come with a fix... since KK isn't a big fan of changing one overhaul with another...

Make the heal injector actually gain in the damage department based on Con, curved more towards 50 con, wherein anything more will do miniscule differences on the heal amount.... dont make it based on health or anything or you'll have everyone speccing the same sweet point amount, and thsi game is about setup variations.

Biggest worry is the Imp req its going to be a bite on high level hck characters. Make it a token requirement and It would probably be ok but you can't really use it as an exclusivity req.

I stay in the canyons

So... how bout setting the PE nanites tools to about 50 fcs intead of 90. ATM they are just a gimp.
    Let hc PE's gun all 4x4 vechicle guns without drugs (make HC/melee PE's viable).
    Fix some chips (e.g moveon and marine).
    Put the noob stealth back to 10 sec (or give pe's another 10 sec stealth).
    Make more sense into the negatives on chips (they mostly don't make sense).
    Give PE's a better heal (e.g tl30ish)

I will have a mahousive problem with the new nanite tools IF they are added to the rare pool, or part of a very difficult team based mission reward.

Don't make it a rare please!!

Strom Alchofrolic [79/63] Rifle Spy on Terra
    Fates [46/46] PPU on Terra
    Narko [43/47] Rifle PE on Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Okran
    I will have a mahousive problem with the new nanite tools IF they are added to the rare pool, or part of a very difficult team based mission reward.

Don't make it a rare please!!
    Its probably a good idea to assume that like other items in games it will have its normal shop bought counterparts to the rares.

Nanites work quite well on spies, I have tried them a lot.
    What needs to be done however is differentiation. All the tool seem the same. Make the tools change their color when you insert a specific nanite type i.e white color for energy (the tool, not the nanite box), Or leave the tool as is and write Energy somewhere in the tool icon, or design a thunder icon. Either way, one must know at a glance where is the energy or fire nanites to apply them fast.

As far as ive seen the nanites work quite well as jini said, but the main problem is that thier very messy and in the heat of battle its hard to use them unless you have 6 of the tools in your belt. Theres been a few people suggesting a rare version or Quest version where the nanites are combined, therefore the higer level chars that would actually want them would also beable to get them without to much fuss. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby
    As far as ive seen the nanites work quite well as jini said, but the main problem is that thier very messy and in the heat of battle its hard to use them unless you have 6 of the tools in your belt. Theres been a few people suggesting a rare version or Quest version where the nanites are combined, therefore the higer level chars that would actually want them would also beable to get them without to much fuss. Just a thought.
    6 tools ? oO

i only got one tool... and thats all i need. (5 slotted of course )

well, one 5slot tool is all is needed when dueling, but when out in the wasteland? You will go looking in the mess of inventory where the fire nanites box is? Anyway I need you to "pwn" you with mini

Der Prophet des Grün...

I work with two injectors. Before heading to battle, i pull the two nanite kinds i want to use on them, then i can recharge quickly in combat without having to care to switch the load again in the heat of battle.

So, two injectors is the perfect number in my eyes. Everything else is extensive, those 3 seconds of looking for the right nanites in your inventory everybody can spare. (Though, i wish the game would stop shuffling up my inventory again and again. As long as everything is where i put it, nano switching is done in a rush, as soon as my inventory got randomized again, i take a bit longer. )

Exactly the reason why I use 6 tools. I am letting the game fuck my inventory all over. And it does just that, no matter how I tide things up. I would use two tools myself as well but these nanite boxes are volatile
    Again I take the opportunity to stress how important is, colouration of the tool to change according which nanite you use.

Another suggestion for ammo mods would be, to work like all mods work. Say for example, that you assign keys 1...4 for the 4 different mods a gun accepts (scope, laser, silencer, flash) let the 5...7 for the 3 different ammo mods, and for a nanite tool, assign all 5 like from 5 ... 9

...And finally, John, please fix this mess on inventories. You have a very nice in capabilities inventory, that has the tendency to become a mess after a while almost on its own...

Again I take the opportunity to stress how important is, colouration of the tool to change according which nanite you use.
    /agree

Color change or something else which can be useful to differentiate it.
    This can be done the same way for weapons... :

For example, for a fire loaded rifle, a small red flam in the corner of the quick belt box.

For a "fire protect" nanite tool, a small struck red flam.

There are many many small things like that which could make NC's GUI more user friendly. (means that actually, it's a bit too much "end user oriented").

And now i have one question : what are % stats influence on a nanite tool ? Especially handling and range ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast