Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    this. nanite heals work. fuck the nanite shields. its lame. forces spies to spec poke when they are much better hackers anyway.
    So if you took away the implant skill away from the nanites, what would you spend the extra points on, when considering you can still get a decent rifle spy setup, that uses nanites and can hacks ops.

Or if you don't want to use nanites, you can do it the old skool way. Use a PPU.

I don't feel qualified to comment on this, but... when did that ever stop me?

PERSONALLY, I hated the introduction of nanites. I especially hated having to use them on my PE to heal effectively.

I miss PSI and struggling spies (rhyme intended). I can see why many wouldn't want to see them removed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers
    So if you took away the implant skill away from the nanites, what would you spend the extra points on, when considering you can still get a decent rifle spy setup, that uses nanites and can hacks ops.

Or if you don't want to use nanites, you can do it the old skool way. Use a PPU.

true. ignore me. drunken rant. sobering up a little bit now. never did like the nanite thing tho. i like the heal thing but not the shield thing. dunno. doesnt feel like nc.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers

huh? since when can you make a decent rifle spy setup that can use proper nanites and can hack ops? :P losing those points in weaponlore hurts quite badly tbh.

And nanites are completely and utterly useless in opfights, since they are worse than nooby spells, yet can't be overcast by psi shields.

nah, nanites as they are currently used are only slightly usefull for duels, though the weaponlore hit makes even that doubtful, injecting them takes longer than it takes an opponent to kill you, or you have to know in advance specifically which damage types you want to put on.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

nobody else needs a tradeskill to work its defences.

Nannites are shit in their current form.

Removing the poke requirement would go some way towards balancing them.

Brammers tbh I dont want to use a ppu to fight. I want to fight as a spy and hit people and still have adequate defences. As it is noone uses nannites as far as I know.

I would be happy if they were removed to be fair, but I would like some form of defence like we used to have with drugs. As it is a spy is just an apu with a gun.

Tanks dont need implant for their heal tool so why should a spy have to use some of his intelligence points for his defence. If this was the case then APUs should have a defence based on their Psi use skill as they stack this in int.

Spies speccing for nannites should either get a massive defence boost and make the nannites have a one use application and last for 2 minutes (choice between that and spending the points on psi) or have the option to use Psi.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The other problem with nanites is that they take a lot of TC, much more TC than is needed to cap the aiming an frequency on a weapon. That TC has to come from RC or AGL, either affecting your damage or your speed, or both. You can drug into them but you still need to spend more TC than needed especially if you use an AK or other lowtech. If the drug also gave +RC like the tanks drugs give +STR and +MC/HC it wouldnt be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI
    I don't feel qualified to comment on this, but... when did that ever stop me?

PERSONALLY, I hated the introduction of nanites. I especially hated having to use them on my PE to heal effectively.

I miss PSI and struggling spies (rhyme intended). I can see why many wouldn't want to see them removed though.
    I also don't feel qualified to comment on combat balance because I never learned proper speccing for PvP, however I also can say I really did not like the introduction of nanites. I feel that there was already enough ways to heal yourself, prior to nanites. You had medkits and psi-heals, which were two distinct things. One is healing by means of physical tools, and one is healing by means of mind power.

Nanites brought a couple inconsistencies/weird things. For one, why can't I use nanites and have my other spy friend who uses a psi heal, heal me at the same time? There's no logical reason, it just says, "You can't do that." Nothing's stopping me from using a medkit and a psi heal at the same time, though, and that was fine. If it was because "a runner being healed by nanites and by a PPU at the same time would be unkillable" - ok, then don't add nanites. It's unnecessary.

Also I find "nanites" a terrible name choice for the effect given. Nanites are supposed to be microscopic robots that travel through your bloodstream, doing some kind of beneficial thing for the user, right? Since when are they like a 'food' that you use, and then your body digests and gets rid of? Nanites in NC are more like 'drugs' which feels inaccurate. I wouldn't think that those nanites should just disintegrate 30 sec after use. Really, the current concept of nanites could just be replaced with drugs, since that's what they are -- something you eat, has an effect for a short period of time, and then wears off. Those are drugs.

Man, they really need to bring back the Edit button. Not an intentional double-post.

The other thing I (can't believe I) forgot to mention that is awkward about NC's nanites. Using them gives you a stack of "Regeneration" and a stack of "Nanite Activity". This is a little bit weird but I understand the purpose - so you can't use too many of the benefits of nanites at once without eventually getting a drugflash. I still disagree with this design choice because this means it's best to use as much nanites as possible while staying below the drugflash area..

But the weirdest part is it acts random and strange. If you take the normal healing nanites, stab your arm (btw, who would stab a thick needle like that right through their leather coat?...) you get 1 Regeneration and 1 Nanite Activity. Injecting again will double the "Nanite Activity", but about 75% of the time, does not double the "Regeneration". Why and how does this make sense? There have been times where both my "Regeneration" and "Nanite Activity" bars are nearly over with, so I'd inject again, and it would refill my "Nanite Activity" but my "Regeneration" wouldn't be affected, and it would just end and disappear, so I'm left with the negative status effect of "Nanite Activity" without any healing effect. Wtf? How?

the only way to stack regeneration nanites is to inject first the low level nanites, then the higher level nanites (tl 16 and tl40 afaik), and in this order means the heal ticks stack.

the mechanic here is that higher level nanites can always be put on, but lower level can't (much the same way as psi shield), though why some stack, some replace, and some block (like blessed boosters), I don't know
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345