Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does anyone know how the math works out now for constructing? I tried the formula Bishop posted, but it didn't work out that way.
    I tried to const a TL70 Const-mission with Dex 22, Int 25 and Cst 100.
    According to the formula 22*0,1 + 25*0,2 + 100*0,7 = 77,2 I should be able to const it without failing. But I did.

So, is the "rule": skill should be 2 times the tech level of the item still the best way to avoid getting failures?
    Ein Volk das sich Bücher von Dieter Bohlen kauft, kann noch nicht genug Steuern zahlen!
    - Volker Pispers -

hmm, ye, at least twice is pretty much minimum for failure. But unless you're macro'ing, you might want to cap your construct anyway, otherwise constructing is pretty much useless anyway (slots etc), and construction goes faster the higher your skill

that said, are you trying to level a character with construction? because that will take months if not years, most tradeskillers level with drones till woc and then lom to the desired tradeskill

and I believe I saw a gm saying that all these formulaes for constructing from 2.1 were irrelevant now and only your construction skill had any influence
    Last edited by Biglines; 24-11-11 at 12:42.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I used to level my constructor through missions when I was watching tv. It worked ok at the start but got seriously dull towards the end. I was getting, if memory serves correctly 80-100k dex and int xp per bp constructed. This was tl150 cubes.

Usually broke even on the costs too but yes as Biglines said, it takes forever.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Thanks for the answers.
    I do now really consider leveling with drones, because at the moment with skill 100 in const and INT 48 it is already a pain in the ass to level with TL50-60 missions. Unfortunately the first really good drones to level with start with DEX 27/30/34 (MR-50/RG-50/RK-50), and I just got DEX 21 I think.
    Nevertheless, I'll make these bunch of levels this or another way.
    But does any of you know if there is any good and up-to-date thread about a good skill-setup for leveling with drones out there?
    Ein Volk das sich Bücher von Dieter Bohlen kauft, kann noch nicht genug Steuern zahlen!
    - Volker Pispers -

Dex 21.

Street Model Uzi.

Go up to Military Base with a box of ammo and a recycle tool. Spec all your spare points in pistol combat and then some in recycle to recycle your ammo. Shoot launchers etc at the base (even solo its good xp) or if they are too hard then go for Aggressor Captains in the level 4-5 sewers.

You will level dex plenty doing this at either of these places. From there you can go onto the mini rocket pistol. I forget the dex but you can pick it up in Archer and Wesson in Plaza 1. So yeah when you have that then you will get some great xp and can switch to drones when you hit dex 50ish.

Dont forget also the level 1 and 2 implants available for 1 or 2 extra dex early on. Level 1 can be bought in Crytons Tech Tools in Plaza 1 and level 2 can be bought in Point Red at a vendor upstairs there.

I hope this helps a little bit.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12